Jim Beach sold American Computer Experience for $200 million, which sounds like a fantastic exit, but when I asked Beach if he had any regrets I was surprised by how long a list of lessons he had to share including:
How creating new divisions can help grow revenue but reduce the overall value of your company.
- The dangers of raising venture capital.
- Why growing faster than your cash flow may end up costing you more equity in your business than you want to give up.
- The perils of partnering with a celebrity entrepreneur.
- Why you should never take an angel investment from a friend or family member.
- How to avoid a $250,000 legal bill when selling your company.